Step 1 – plan your move
- First, you will need to set up an appointment for a free in-home estimate to determine your specific full-service moving needs. This assures you’ll receive an accurate estimate in writing. You can request an appointment with our long distance movers by filling out request form, or 0727930640, or you can contact a Converge Movers agent near you to make an appointment.
- Be sure to sign-up for our Converge Movers. Make your move easier by allowing us to remind you via e-mail of each important step as it occurs.
- During your in-home estimate, our sales representative will provide you with a booklet called “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move.” It provides important information consumers must have prior to the long distance move and will help with your planning process.
Step 2 – pack and load
- Packing yourself? Pack as much or as little as you prefer. Converge Movers’s long distance movers are willing to do the whole job, or any part of the packing job. Whatever you decide, we want your part of the move process to go as smoothly as possible. These packing tips will help.
- Our agents packing team will arrive one to two days prior to the actual move day and will use the industry’s best packing materials to protect your belongings.
- On moving day, the driver will inventory all items to be included in your move and provide you an inventory form for your signature. Carefully review this document, along with your other paperwork. Once signed, the loading process will begin.
After loading, the mover will inform you when to expect delivery of your shipment based on your pre-planned window of delivery. You will also receive a phone call within 24-hours of your delivery as a final confirmation. Be sure to provide the van operator with your contact information during travel to your new residence.
Step 3 – full-service delivery and payments
- Please be at your new residence to meet the mover. He or she will typically wait up to two hours for your arrival. Should you fail to arrive in that time, additional waiting time charges could occur for the van operator to remain at residence until you arrive or he/she may deliver and store your belongings in a local warehouse.
- The mover will require payment at your new residence. Acceptable forms of payments are: cash, m-pesa, cheque.
Step 4 – full-service unloading and unpacking
- Once unloaded, the mover will request your signature on all delivery documents. In the event of any loss or damage, please note the items involved on the inventory form prior to signing.
Subscribe to Converge Movers
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Converge Movers. Subscribe below.